Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Creating Something New and Better



In five days I board a plane that will take me to the Congo and I am thrilled about it!  My worries have turned to wondering what God has in store for our team.  My fears are at a minimum because I boldly ask Him to take those away. That was NOT how I was feeling on March 1 when I agreed to go.  It's funny how God can shift your perspective so drastically but at the same time so gently.  I didn't shift from fear to excitement over night.  It happened over a couple months and by spending time with Him.  He spoke peace and trust into my heart through my time in the Bible, prayer, and even through the encouraging words of friends and family.

 I keep coming back to a devotional I read in February from Jesus Calling (based on 2 Corinthians 5:17).  Sarah Young writes, "For I am making you a new creation, with old things passing away and new things continually on the horizon.  When you cling to old ways and sameness you resist my work in you. I want you to embrace all that I am doing in your life, finding your security in me alone." This is what causes me the most excitement right now.  God is stirring my spirit, creating something new and better. That is a thrilling place to be!

And when the worry creeps in and I question if I'm really the right person for this or if I can really handle what I'm about to see I pray Hebrews 13:21, "May he equip you with all that you need for doing his will.  May he produce in you, through the power of Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to Him.  All glory to him forever and ever! Amen!"

Please remember to pray for our team, for the final details, for our travel, for our families that stay behind, and pray that God would equip our team with just what we need to do His will.

Blessings,
Denee

No comments:

Post a Comment